- In 2017 Swift conducted a survey on sexual discrimination and harassment. This survey indicated that a startling 66.7% of womxn in the South African film & TV industries feel unsafe in the workplace. See our full survey report HERE
- In 2018 the NFVF partnered with SWIFT to produce the report Gender Matters in the South African Film Industry, in order to explore the role played by women in the SA audiovisual sector and quantify their total participation. Read the report HERE
While SWIFT itself cannot offer legal or psycho-social advice or help to members, SWIFT Advocacy has developed some useful resources for women in the industry as part of the #ThatsNotOK campaign
- SWIFT is asking production companies and all industry players to formally adopt our Code of Good Practice. Based on the model supported by the Department of Labour and the CCMA, it can be appropriately adapted – please see this Statement in Relation to the Code (please add here with downloadable pdf – in Advocacy folder – Statement in Relation to Code).
- The SWIFT Sexual Harassment Guide can be downloaded HERE
- It is not too late to say #ThatsNotOk and take the Pledge and post on social media tagging us #SWIFTSA
- LifeLine offers free psychosocial therapy.
Note: This is NOT a crisis line. It is a booking line for free counselling sessions. If you have experienced any uncomfortable or traumatic experiences, you will receive counselling and advice specific to your unique situation.
This WhatsApp number is available to anyone 24/7 and you will receive a response within 8 – 24 hours. Please note that this is a booking line for counselling for up to six free sessions. This is not a crisis line, meaning it is not for medical assistance or life-threatening situations. LIFELINE WHATSAPP NUMBER: 082 813 2710
- Please make sure to subscribe to the SWIFT Channel for the latest SWIFT media appearances, SWIFT videos of events and discussions, and the SWIFT PSAs for the #ThatsNotOK campaign
GBV Helplines please download and save to your contacts